Friday 4 July 2014

Book Review - Cupcakes at Carrington's by Alexandra Brown

Cupcakes at Carrington's


This book is chick lit at its best, it has a great heroine, a little romance and some very funny plot twists. The only problem I had with this book is that it ended, I was totally not ready to leave these brilliant characters behind and I’m thrilled to know there are two more books in the series which will be added to my collection very soon.
Cupcakes at Carrington’s is set in a department store called Carrington’s in the seaside town of Mulberry-On-Sea and is written from the point of view of Georgie Hart. Georgie has worked for Carrington’s for many years and loves her job as a sales assistant in women’s accessories.  At the start of the book Carrington’s is about to undergo some changes under newly appointed retail consultant Maxine. Georgie is not entirely thrilled by this as she has to compete against her boss James and new guy Tom and also fight her feelings for both men.
I think Georgie is a great main character and I loved the way that things never seem to go quite right for her, making some really funny plot twists which make you cringe for Georgie but in a good way. Alexandra Brown has created a great bunch of characters in this book, each with their own great background story and this makes it impossible to pick a favourite.
I think this is a great book and would make an excellent film. Christmas at Carrington’s is definitely on my Christmas reading list as I can’t wait to find out what happens next. This book deserves 5/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment