Friday 8 August 2014

Book Review - A Gift to Remember by Melissa Hill

A Gift to Remember
 
Published: 2013
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Pages: 405
Source: Library
Available In: Hardback, Paperback and Kindle
 
Fall head over bicycle wheels in love with Melissa Hill’s A Gift to Remember. Darcy Archer loves books and surrounds herself with them all-day working in a bookshop called Chapters in Manhattan. She spends all her time dreaming about books and longing to find her own perfect Mr Darcy.  One day while cycling to work Darcy crashes into Aidan Harris and knocks him out cold. Racked with guilt Darcy takes his dog and the beautifully wrapped gift he drops and vows to reunite Aidan with his lost property.  At the hospital Darcy finds out Aidan has lost his memory and has no clue who he is or where he came from. Darcy decides to make it her mission to help him piece his life back together  building a picture in her mind of the man she knocked over, who is beginning to resemble Darcy’s dream man. Will Darcy find her happy ever after or will it all be just a dream?
This is the first Melissa Hill book which I have read and I loved it, the story had just enough mystery and plot twists to keep me guessing right until the end. I loved the character of Darcy, she’s just so sweet and helpful and would make a wonderful best friend as she seems incredibly loyal, plus she would probably always have the book you wanted to read in her pile. I loved how she bonds with Bailey the Dog and all the way through I was hoping if she didn’t get the man then maybe she would get the dog.
I thought this book flowed really well and I liked the chapters from Aidan’s point of view as I was able to build my own picture of him from the hints given, the picture I was building was similar to Darcy’s so the ending was a bit of a shock.
I loved this book it was a perfect read for me with a little mystery and romance and any book set in New York at Christmas is a winner with me as I’d love to experience this myself one day.
Rating 5/5
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment